This seasons in the UK are always a bit mixed, but right now I feel more confused than ever! I usually prefer Summer clothes, but right now I can't wait to wrap up warm in knitwear and luxurious fabrics. Unfortunately, the British weather is being incredibly temperamental meaning I can wear a coat one day, and a light jacket the next. Are you mixing different seasonal pieces right now?
The latest Louis Vuitton ad campaign has just been revealed and it does not just highlight designs by the classic French fashion house. Bono and his wife Ali Hewson are pictured in the advertising and they're wearing designs by Edun which is Hewson's ethical fashion line. The couple are carrying leather holdalls, Ali's is a collaboration between the two fashion brands. Last year, LVMH took a 49% stake in Edun and are using this ad campaign to raise it's status. They were photographed by Annie Leibovitz who also shot Mikhail Gorbachev, Keith Richards and Sean Connery for Louis Vuitton. Do you like this campaign?
Annie Leibovitz is normally the one behind the camera, but for Spring 2010 she was finally convinced to pose for Louis Vuitton. She was unsure at first, but eventually agreed on the basis that somebody else would pose with her for the campaign that will appear in publications from 1st February. She selected ballet legend Mikhail Baryshnikov (probably better known to you as Aleksandr Petrovsky from Sex and the City) who has been the focus of her work before.Vuitton communication director Antoine Arnault proposed the idea to help Annie with her much talked about financial problems. He explained, "She’s a real, pure, 100 percent artist. We’ve always been very committed to her, to her talent." The image was taken in Annie's studio as she appears to eyeing up her subject, Mikhail, whilst posing next to her Louis Vuitton Neverfull bag. Do you like the photo?
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor has given birth to a son, who weighed just 2lb 10oz, nine weeks early. Sophie had pre-eclampsia, and also suffered from the condition with her first child, Sonny. Her mum, Janet Ellis, said Sophie and husband Richard Jones's new son "is doing fine. He is doing very well". — Mirror
- In more baby news, Chris Evans and his wife Natasha welcomed their first child together yesterday. He weighs 7lb 4oz, is called Noah Nicholas Martin Evans, and is "a little belter". — Chris's Blog
- Richard and Judy and their bosses are likely to cancel their New Position chat show on Watch when their deal ends in December, after their audience fell to 8,000 viewers. — The Sun
- Leonard Cohen has donated $200,000 (£90,000) to the Australian bushfire victims. — Guardian
- Michelle Obama will appear on the cover of Vogue magazine, having been photographed by Annie Leibovitz. — People
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has gone straight in at the top of the UK box office, taking £2.2million over its opening three days. He's Just Not That Into You took second spot, and Slumdog Millionaire slipped to third position after four weeks at number one. — Reuters
Whilst most of America falls for the vocal talents of Adele, Anna Wintour has other ideas in mind. Always one to have her finger on the pulse, the editor-in-chief is to include the singer in a spread for Vogue US shot by Annie Leibovitz.
What's more, Anna is going to style Adele for this weekend's Grammy awards. Adele was quite starstruck by the whole situation. She explains,
"I went to go do my final fitting for the shoot. Then Anna Wintour wanted to meet me, so I was waiting in the hallway. It was just like The Devil Wears Prada. It was amazing. I was really frightened and I went in and she was so nice. She was like, 'What labels do you like?' I was trying to make up these designers that I was quite sure I had read in Vogue."
I wonder what ensemble Anna will choose for Adele? Apparently she isn't used to dresses. "I don't ever wear dresses. I wear dresses with tights and flat shoes and a cardigan. ... It's going to be quite a big deal." I'll say...
Yesterday I headed to the National Portrait Gallery to get a sneak preview of their newest exhibit entitled 'Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life'. Leibovitz is one of the world's best portrait photographers working today and this retrospective documents her work between 1990 and 2005. It's a touring exhibition that has already been shown in New York and Paris and will next travel to Berlin.
The most intriguing aspect of this retrospective is the mixture of personal and private work which is on display. Annie decided to do this because she wanted it to be a true reflection of her life over that fifteen year period. If you're not familiar with the name Annie Leibovitz then you'll definitely be familiar with her work. Her work includes a Louis Vuitton ad campagin, the infamous naked image of a pregnant Demi Moore on the cover of Vanity Fair and many shoots for magazines such as Vogue, Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone.
For more information just read more
Renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz (who recently shot the Coppola's Louis Vuitton ad campaign) has just opened a private inauguration of her retrospective, "A Photographer's Life, 1990-2005," in Paris. The show which includes personal images alongside well-known figures such as Jamie Fox, Nicole Kidman and Brad Pitt will travel in October to London's National Portrait Gallery. The show is currently on at Paris' Maison Européenne de la Photographie and runs until 14th September. The opening party in Paris was attended by the likes of Mischa Barton, Sofia Coppola and Kanye West.
For those that will see the exhibition in London, it runs from 16 October 2008 to 1st February 2009.
Yesterday, Sofia Coppola spoke out about her appearance in the Louis Vuitton ad campaign and today we can reveal one of the images from the adverts featuring Sofia and her father, Francis Ford.
It shows Francis and Sofia relaxing appearing in to be in deep conversation as Francis informs Sofia of the ways of the world! It's definitely an intriguing shot and will leave you wondering, what are they talking about?
I'm sure either way this is going to be an ad campaign that leaves you with an opinion and we want to know about it! Do you love it, or hate it?
- The fall-out of the Miley Cyrus photo for Vanity Fair continues, with photographer Annie Leibovitz and Disney weighing in. – Times
- The funeral for TV presenter Mark Speight took place yesterday. – BBC
- Coldplay are playing free gigs in London and New York. – NME
- The full Glastonbury lineup has been revealed. – BBC
- Ex-Velvet Revolver and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland has been jailed for DUI. – The Sun
- Despite his injuries, Kris Marshall's co-stars are expecting him back on stage this week. – BBC
In March Louis Vuitton revealed their Keith Richard ad campaign featuring the rocker looking slightly haggard. Today it was announced that Louis Vuitton have bagged both Francis Ford AND Sofia Coppola for their next line of ads.
Celebrated photographer Annie Leibovitz continues to shoot the ads which have also featured Mikhail Gorbachev and Catherine Deneuve. We can't wait to see the finished images!