This week's batch of celebrity style is admittedly relaxed and easy, albeit, the way Summer looks should be. We spied sweet, light, breezy dresses on Alessandra Ambrosio and Sienna Miller, Kirsten Dunst rocking seasonal denim, and Margherita Missoni mixing up printed pants and bright, woven flats. Click through to see the rest of the top 10 — and get inspired to create your own hot Summer ensemble.
Bar Refaeli had her third night in a row out on the town yesterday when she stepped out to celebrate the opening of Roberto Cavalli's new Cannes boutique. The designer, who recently hosted bikini-clad Elisabetta Canalis on his yacht, gathered famous friends for drinks and dinner on the vessel following a small shindig at the store. Elisabetta was also on hand to toast Roberto, as were Brooke Shields and Rosario Dawson. Bar kept the fun going by hitting an afterparty at the Martinez Hotel, where she met up with her fellow models Irina Shayk and Alessandra Ambrosio. The evening wrapped up with a tweet from Bar that said, "Nothin' better than taking my makeup off, shower, pajamas, bed and book!" She needs the sleep between her whirlwind film festival schedule that has included hitting the red carpet at The Beaver premiere, a bash on Paul Allen's big boat, and attending a Chopard party with Jude Law and Naomi Campbell. Bar's not slowing down in the wake of her split from ex Leonardo DiCaprio, who was spotted with Blake Lively sparking rumors of romance. Today, Bar was back to having fun and she shared a photo of herself lounging on a yacht in a mismatched bikini.
With Cannes in full swing, we're admittedly, a little preoccupied with the fashion happening there. Still, if there was a reason to shift our focus, these ten styled celebrities offer a pretty worthy distraction. From Gwyneth Paltrow's jaw-dropping LBD to Nicky Hilton's bodycon blues, we've rounded up our favorites in celebrity style this week. Click through for the top ten!
Victoria's Secret models Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Adriana Lima reconvened in LA for the reveal of the brand's What Is Sexy? list last night. They were joined again by Erin Heatherton and Candice Swanepol after the group of lovely ladies got together for a photo shoot at The Grove earlier in the day. The Angels have been making rounds to promote Victoria's Secret's Bombshell Summer and Miranda hosted her own pool party on Wednesday to kick off the week of press. She shared her thoughts on being a bombshell, but also touched on her experience as a new mom. Miranda, Adriana, and Alessandra all have motherhood in common while keeping up their sexy status as VS Angels. Also on hand were Something Borrowed's Colin Egglesfield, Kellan Lutz, and Paris Hilton.
It was an Angel convention at The Grove in LA today as Victoria's Secret's leading ladies like Miranda Kerr, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio gathered for a photo shoot at one of the retail giant's many shops. They had blond beauties Erin Heatherton and Candice Swanepoel there as well to round out the fivesome, as the group did the latest round of press for the chain's new line. Miranda has been especially busy making the media rounds. She swung by Conan last night to chat about her happy family life, revealing that she made husband Orlando Bloom stay in the delivery room for 27 hours as she gave birth to their now 4-month-old son, Flynn. We caught up with her at a lunch yesterday, when Miranda spoke about an upcoming visit with her boys to her native Australia.
Today Ashely Tisdale took to the Twitter-verse to announce the enviable arrival of her very own Hermès Birkin. The delivery marked the end of a two-year-long wait the actress endured for a covetable piece of fashion iconography. The bag, created in 1984 and named for Jane Birkin, ranges from $9,000 to $150,000 and has become essentially synonymous with luxury — and not easy to come by. So, in honor of Ashley's fashionable milestone, we're taking a look at the other celebs who braved the wait list and scored their very own Hermès totes.
Adriana, Alessandra, & Candice Talk Bikini Shoots, Exotic Vacations, and Self Tanning at Ladies Luncheon For Victoria's Secret
Victoria's Secret models Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Candice Swanapoel unwound over a ladies luncheon at the Fig & Olive restaurant in LA yesterday after showing off some of the brand's latest bikinis for the press in the morning. Candice swapped her swimsuit for an Isabel Marant dress, while Alessandra sported Stella McCartney. The fun continued for Adriana, Ale, and Candice afterward at a bash with Miranda Kerr, but first they shared with us all about their self-tanning secrets, favorite vacation spots, and why those catalog cover shoots aren't always as glamorous as they're cracked up to be! They said:
- Candice on where they shot this year's catalog: "Turks & Caicos, St. Barts, and Anguila. Anguila was amazing because we shot the stringkini in this cave. The photographer, Russell, he kind of pushes us to do cool stuff. And you're scared, but it's amazing. Some of the camera guys swam under [the rocks]. I didn't. I was scared because [the tide] was pulling. I had to do my own hair and makeup, and stand on a rock like, 'Ahh!', because the makeup team didn't want to get near. I was holding on to one of the assistants, because of the waves, to stay up."
- Adriana on her favorite way to get a Summer glow: "I like self tanning. I like it. First, you know, you protect your skin and you're not so exposed. Second, with self-tanner you have control. Sometimes you like the darker hues or lighter, or you can just focus on different parts of your body."
- Adriana on whether she's had self-tanning disasters: "No! I'm really careful. Maybe because I'm Brazilian I'm a tanning expert!"
- Candice on her skin secrets: "A light microdermabrasion gets all the dirt and everything from traveling. [Skin] gets so dry and irritated in the air. But the best thing is to go to Brazil for a week each month. [Laughs] I also have this rosewater spray. It's so calming. When your face is rubbed a lot and you take your makeup off a lot, it's great."
- Alessandra on her favorite tropical getaway: "I love St. Barts. St. Barts really glamorous. You have everything, you can shop there, you can go to the beach and there's empty places. And the food is amazing, because it's French food. It's my favorite spot in the Caribbean."
- Adriana on her family's Summer vacation plan: "Maybe Sicily. We haven't decided yet...I'll have all my bikinis lined up....I love the stringkini. Small! When you're in the sun, I don't like to have big tanning lines, I like them small. It's not attractive."
Images courtesy Michael Gardner for KCD Worldwide
Miranda Kerr was a special surprise guest last night at Victoria's Secret's party to celebrate the launch of its new SWIM collection at LA's Club L with music from DJ Solange Knowles. Miranda posed on the pink carpet alongside Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, and Candice Swanepoel, who were all together in swimsuits and bikinis earlier in the day showing off the line. Now that Miranda's son Flynn is almost 3 months old, she's back with the lingerie retailer after a pregnancy hiatus. Her last appearance with her fellow Angels was about one year ago, though she did some other modeling with her baby bump, like a nude shoot for W. She famously hit the runway for Balenciaga last September, then showed her loyalty to the French company by making her postbaby catwalk return for them a few weeks ago during Paris Fashion Week. Yesterday's event was Victoria's Secret's latest star-studded event, as it brought out other fans of the brand like Kim Kardashian and John Legend.
Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez, Alessandra Ambrosio, and More in This Week's Fun and Funny Celebrity Twitter Pictures!
Twitter was a flutter once again this week with celebrities sharing pics from work, the set, and around the globe! John Stamos hopped on the facial hair bandwagon for a part in Gary Marshall's New Year's Eve and Jessica Alba picked up a magazine during her trip to China. Selena Gomez was feeling blue while supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio sipped on her favorite drink. Click through to see all the photos, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for exciting news and exclusive photos!
Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima teamed up with blond model Candice Swanepoel to launch Victoria's Secret's new SWIM line of bikinis today in LA. We had a peek at the girls in their two-pieces recently on the West Coast — Adriana sweetly posed in pastels for the retailer's upcoming catalog while Adriana struck a few poses herself. Adriana has been kept busy by the brand after a bra event in NYC last month with fellow Angel Lily Aldridge, who's currently putting the finishing touches on her May wedding to King of Leon Caleb Followill. There's a lot going on for Alessandra as well following her appearance on the April cover of GQ Brazil's inaugural issue.